[squid-users] Suggestions for Login restrictions along with Dansguardian

From: Babs <arvbab@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:47:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone!
My requirement as follows

1). Squid Proxy with LDAP Authentication with each
login restricted to 1 IP address at a time.
2). Content Filtering with Dansguardian

Now my current set up as follows

a). Squid Proxy - Squid 2.5 Stable 7 running on FC3
with Ldap authentication
b).Content filtering - DansGuardian 2.8.0.4 configured
to access Squid

They are working fine till this much , now I am having
problem with each login restricted to 1 IP address at
a time. To do this I have to use max_user_ip ACL along
with authenticate_ip_ttl directives to achive it but
as Dansguardian is standing between User request and
Squid, squid see only the loopback address coming from
DG's requests. So How do I go about restricting each
logins with one ip at a time in this scenario?.
Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanx in advance
Babs