[squid-users] Zero sized reply FreeBSD 5.3 Squid 2.5 STABLE9

From: Ytzhak Levy <ytzhak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:54:54 +0800

Hi guys,

Im running Squid 2.5 Stable9 on FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE.

I have a ISA server and the squid in my company.

The ISA server works fine, all sites are resolved and pages are fetched.

For some sites site squid returns "zero sized reply". (eg www.ibm.com which is redirected to www.ibm.com/us/).

If I access the internet from the console (eg lynx www.ibm.com) all works fine. But when I configure lynx to access by the squid the same error occurs ("zero sized reply"). DNS works fine. nslookuop resolves all queries.

          INTERNET

          FIREWALL (pass all from SQUID to any, pass all from any to SQUID)

           SQUID (there is two interfaces: one to internet with a valid address
             | and other to LAN)

          SWITCH

          CLIENTS

If squid will not work, my boss will choose ISA server. Wich I think that is a BAD idea.

Is it a squid bug or a weird system dependence ?

Sorry for my poor english!

Thanks