[squid-users] help with accelerator mode

From: Ray Charles <raycharles_man@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:05:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have some lingering questions from last week that
are, well, still with me. So I am hoping to hear from
anyone with experience running squid in accelerator
mode, having the collapsed_forwarding would be great
too.

As in my previous posts my setup is RHEL-3.1 and
Squid-2.5-STABLE9+collapsed_forwarding turned on.

I am trying to get squid to work in accelerator mode
to provide relief to a backend server. The clients are
set up to point to the squid box but when the cache
doesn't have the object in cache, clients go to my
origin server. This can mean several hundred clients
going to the origin server at the same time for the
same object. A sad situation for the origin server.

Once the object is received by the origin server its
not being cached. I've verified that the object is
cachable. When several requests arrive at the same
time I can live with one or two going to the origin
server but I ve got to stop each and every one of the
requests to continue poring into the origin server.
How do i get squid to do that??

Thanks for any help,

-RAy