Fw: [squid-users] How to Squid-Websense

From: <Kelly_Connor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:09:46 -0700

We are running Websense 5.5 on RH9 with all components, but we used to only
run the redirector to a Win2K Server. If you just want squid to run the
redirector, you do the following:
Have squid running prior to all of this, without any user authentication at
this point.

Create a folder called /tmp/Websense551
Put your Websense551Setup_Lnx.tar.gz file in your /tmp/Websense551 and
un-tar it.
cd to /tmp/Websense551, run ./install.sh.

This is an installshield wizard, so it's pretty simple. The install does
get redundant in its questions, sometimes.
You will be doing a custom installation. You will choose to only do an
integration install, and install the Websense plugin for squid.

This should be option #4 during the custom install.
You will be prompted for the IP address of your policy server and filtering
server (the Win2K3 box), as well as the port. Check your in-house
configurations and the Websense manual in pdf form for the Win2K3
installation.

The installshield will automatically update your squid.conf with the
redirector information.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know. I know politics are often involved,
but if you can swing it, you should really run the whole thing on one box
if possible. It is much cleaner, and can still be administrated via the
gui console from a windows client.

Kelly Connor
Network Technician
Gilbert Unified School District
kelly_connor@gilbert.k12.az.us

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 02:14:11PM +0100, sania maro wrote:

> I'd like to integrate squid to websense. I have
> installed squid in a RedHat 9 machine and websense in
> Windows 2003 server.
> I can't find any documentation that descripes the
> integration steps. Do you know how may I do this.

I have never separated websense like that - I have it all running on the
same solaris box with squid. At a guess you need to install some of the
components onto the linux machine - I think the bits you need are the
policy server... or maybe just the integration needs to be installed.
I have installed websense a few times but I normally just put it all on
the squid box...

--
Brett Lymn