RE: [squid-users] squid in schoool

From: David Brodbeck <DavidB@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:10:13 -0500

I'm not sure your logic is sound. Many, many college students have personal
web pages under .edu domains. Sometimes they're even allowed to run servers
on college ethernet networks. For a long time I had a personal web server
running under the hostname condor.resnet.mtu.edu, for example.

While most colleges have policies against posting objectionable content,
their standards for "objectionable" may not be the same as yours, and they
often don't enforce those policies unless someone complains.