[squid-users] Parent

From: <Werner.Rost@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:06:41 +0100

Hi gurus,

using Squid 2.5 Stable 7 I have following configuration:

       cache_peer parent-proxy parent 8080 3130 login=PASS no-query

Authentification is done by the local proxy to which the users connect. The
parent authenticates once more. I have no administration rights on this
parent.

Now one user has a special application (with a special URL) which does only
work without authentication. How is the best way to do this?

Define an acl for this special URL, say
     acl NOLOGON dstdomain .web.de

Next we avoid authentication on the local squid:
     http_access allow NOLOGON

And now we have to avoid auth. on the parent for this URL. I need a
construct like
   if NOLOGON then cache_peer parent-proxy parent 8080 3130
login=user:secret no-query

which replaces "login=PASS" by a fixed username:password.

How can we do this? Is it possible?

Another posibility would be to define a second parent say
   cache_peer parent-proxy-1 parent 8080 3130 login=user:secret no-query

and connect this URL to this second proxy, say:
   if NOLOGON then use parent-proxy-1

How can we do this? Is it possible?

Mit freundlichem Gruß/Yours sincerely
Werner Rost
GMT-FIR - Netzwerk

ZF Boge Elastmetall GmbH
Friesdorfer Str. 175, 53175 Bonn, Deutschland/Germany
Telefon/Phone +49 228 3825 - 420
Telefax/Fax +49 228 3825 - 398
werner.rost@zf.com