Re: [squid-users] NTLM authentication and Windows Media Player 9 and 10

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:22:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Robson Miranda wrote:

> I found some informations in MSDN about some problems about detecting
> if the proxy server is in Intranet Zone. In my setup, the workstations
> are not in the same subnet as the proxy server, may be this is the
> cause?

Sounds likely.

Try experimenting with different zone configurations in your Internet
settings. Asking Microsoft Support to solve the problem may also be wise
if you have a Microsoft support contract.

> Below is the relevant part of my config:

Squid config is not very relevant for your problem. The Squid config parts
generally either is correct and works or bad and never works no matter the
client.