Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0-PRE3 SSL reverse proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:15:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Andrew McKinney wrote:

> The two config files are very similar, differing only on the cache_peer and
> http_port (for crt info) lines. The symptoms of the ASP issue are, that after
> I authenticate successfully to squid/winbindd, I am prompted with the old
> three field NTLM Ruth box. Username, password and domain box.

How are you forwarding the requests to the web server?

What does Squid access.log indicate when this happens?

> Any ideas, really stuck with this one? Unfortunately I have no control over
> the asp application, and it does require Integrated authentication.. Squid
> logs seem to be normal.

Squid can not log in to an application requiring Microsoft Integrated
authentication, nor can it proxy Microsoft Integrated authentication.

There is a separate autehentication proxy which can act as a
authentication gateway to servers requiring Microsoft Integrated
authentication. See the related software section. This proxy can either
login in with a fixed username+password pair, or act as a basic->NTLM
gateway.