Re: [squid-users] Help with squid source code

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 03:30:12 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Sangeeta Chachlani wrote:

> I need to understand the source code of squid as to where is it
> actually picking the webpages if they are cached when they are
> requested. Is there any documentation that I can refer to understand
> what the various C files are doing in the source code of squid.

There is the (incomplete) programmers guide, and ofcourse the source
itself...

> Or if anyone of you has played around with this and can provide with
> some pointers that shall be helpful.

If I understand your question correct then what you ask for is in
client_side.c. Mainly the call to storeGetPublicByRequest() in
clientProcessRequest2() (a subsection of clientProcessRequest()).

If you have additional questions on the internals of code I would suggest
moving the discussion to squid-dev@squid-cache.org.

REgards
Henrik