Re: [squid-users] I want to limit my Upload

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 02:29:05 -0600

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:47:46 +0100, Shadow wrote:
> I have trouble with my squid. When someone is uploading files then my
> connection is getting very slow and I can't browse the web. Can I limit
> my upload bandwidth with Squid?

As Henrik states, Squid cannot inherently control upload bandwidth.

Your operating system may have features to help address this issue,
for example OpenBSD can be configured for "Prioritizing empty TCP ACK",
preventing large uploads from monopolizing your limited upload bandwidth.

This fix works equally well for all TCP protocols, but your server OS needs to
have something along the lines of ALTQ in the IP stack.

Kevin Kadow