Re: [squid-users] Zero sized reply and other recent access problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:10:11 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> This means that as long as you have relaxed_header_parser set to on or warn,
> or simply not defined, the old behaviour will still be the same as older
> squid.

Not quite.. the old accepted a lot of crap which was ambigious, such as
different content-length headers and a few other really bad things.

> Personally I recommend at least "warn", as it has allowed me to see some of
> the broken sites and inform relevant people of their broken behaviour, but I
> understand not everyone can be bothered..

Same here, but I selected the silented to distribute Squid with the
default "on" setting to not confuse people too much why Squid now
complains about malformed HTTP responses.

> Duplicate "Connection" headers on line 5 and 6, and whitespace on line 4
> between "Content" and "Location". No wonder it does not work properly.

All of this is silently accepted by Squid-2.5.STABLE9 in it's default
"relaxed_header_parser on" settings. Squid-2.5.STABLE8 rejects the
response due to the whitespace.