RE: [squid-users] POP3/SMTP Probs.

From: Stephen <ssha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:55:38 -0000

Hi,

Squid is an HTTP proxy only. It simply doesn't understand other protocols let alone forward them (it will, however, tunnel SSL and also allow FTP over HTTP for FTP in web browsers).

If you want other protocols (POP3/SMTP) then you need a POP3/SMTP relay or NAT/firewall.

The SQUID FAQ is a good place to go to find out this stuff!

Regards,
Stephen