[squid-users] Failed to select source for... Other websites

From: Allen Schmidt <aschmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:39:55 -0500

I inherited our squid so hope this makes sense.
To start with, any experts who will accept PayPal donations are welcome to contact me directly. I think I need some help...at least a point in the right direction.

We have squid in front of Zope (ZEO with 2 public clients) as caching and accelerator. We have a redirector written in python to bounce between the two clients. Occasionally the cache.log will show:

2005/03/08 14:13:26| Failed to select source for 'http://st.sageanalyst.net/tag-703.js'
2005/03/08 14:13:26| always_direct = 0
2005/03/08 14:13:26| never_direct = 1
2005/03/08 14:13:26| timedout = 0
2005/03/08 14:13:26| WARNING: redirector #2 (FD 7) exited

That failed site has nothing to do with us. I have seen that with different names on occasion.
And recently I have seen our main IP address with /robots.txt on the end and the same message.
We have a robots.txt file so why can it not find it??

Would like to us a different redirector/load balancer either with or without squid. Considering Pound.

Responses welcome here or directly and happy to provide more info. I have the squid book but so many parameters in the conf file its hard to decide how or what to change.

Thanks

Allen