[squid-users] Squid smb_auth + WINNT4.0 problem

From: Edilmar <edilista@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:56:44 -0400

Hi,

My Linux system is: Fedora Core 3 + Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE8 +
samba-client-3.0.10-1.fc3.
The Windows Server is NT4.0 with SP6 and all updates.

When trying to run this command:
[root@servsat squid]# /usr/lib/squid/smb_auth -W CARAVAGIO -U
192.168.0.10 -d
maria 1234
Domain name: CARAVAGIO
Pass-through authentication: no
Query address options: -U 192.168.0.10 -R
Domain controller IP address:
ERR

this one arises the ERR message, not gettint any information from PDC.
I see tutorials where the ERR may occurr in other parts of the command,
but my Linux Squid+Samba client is getting nothing from Windows Server.
What's wrong? The file proxyauth is into PDC and BDC NETLOGON sharing,
with Read Permission for all, and the smbmount works fine to share it.

Is there some other command to test smb_auth?

Thanks for any help,