Re: [squid-users] How to Squid-Websense

From: Corey Tyndall <CTyndall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:36:54 -0500

I finally got the redirector to install by doing a typical install and
choosing to intergrate with squid using a universal integration. The
redirector was installed and the code was placed into my squid.conf
file. What configurations do I need to make now to make the redirector
work? Thanks again

>>> "sania maro" <marosania@yahoo.fr> 03/08/05 06:00AM >>>
I personelly don't want to install the server policy
or other websense components on the same box as the
proxy server just because I have websense already
running on a w2k3 machine. i don't want to change the
architecture already implemented.

Thanks fr your suggestion.

--- Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:47:43PM -0500, Corey
> Tyndall wrote:
> > I get the same error when entering in Filtering
> service IP addr.
> >
> > "The Filtering Service provided does not
> > support a remote plug-in. Select another Filtering
> > Service".
> >
> > Any ideas??
>
> Yes, install the policy server on the linux machine
> and push the policy
> to the linux machine. I am not entirely sure why
> you don't want to do
> this. At the risk of sounding like a Websense
> salesdroid, the Websense
> infrastructure is quite flexible and can be
> distributed quite well. You
> _can_ centralise your policy management and push the
> policy to the
> squid proxies. You _don't_ have to run the network
> agent on the same machine,
> you _can_ send your logs to the win2k machine. Why
> do you both insist on
> making the win2k box do everything when it does not
> need to?
>
> --
> Brett Lymn

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les
nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. A télécharger
gratuitement sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be privileged and may contain copyright material. You may only reproduce or distribute material if you are expressly authorized by us to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (and any attachments) is unauthorized. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete this e-mail and any copies of it from your system.