[squid-users] ESI

From: brad steiner <bsteiner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:33:59 -0800

Hi Michal

It sounds like I'm as new to Squid and ESI as you are but I will try to
help as we've encountered the same behavior. When we saw the behavior
you describe it was because we were trying to cache dynamic pages with
question marks and changing parameter values using the default
squid.conf. To remedy that we removed the question mark from the
no_cache directive in squid.conf and added a refresh_pattern directive
with non-zero minimum and a regexp to match the URL. Caching now works
like a champ, the problem we've since run into is that we are unable to
invalidate fragments included using esi:include (i.e., 404 response on
PURGE) although invalidation of the same fragment when accessed as a
separate page works fine.

Thanks
Brad