Re: [squid-users] auth popup is not comming

From: ss babu <chima.s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:47:41 -0800

Hi,

Hope i did not explained my problem clearly.

squid is not configured as proxy. its configured as transparent proxy
and i am running a web server in different location (Head office)
which was configured htpasswd access. So anybody need to access the
webserver should get authenticated.

But after puting a cache server (squid) in my office (Branc office
located in different place), i am not getting the webserver's
authentication window.It directly giving me error page saying
"authentication requirted".

I need to know how to cinfigure the squid in the transparent mode to
get the webservsers authetication window.

Regards
Chima