[squid-users] Re: Dynamic delay pools

From: Sumith Gamage <sumith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:39:56 +0600

> From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:09:02 +0100 (CET)

> It seems the dynamic delay pools project is somewhat alive.

Dear Henrik, Dani & Ansari,

I am one of the development team members of Squid Dynamic Delay Pool
system @ University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I basically handle the
current developments of Squid Dynamic Delay Pools here.

I was out of project work for last couple of months. Therefore I could
not join your conversation. Anyhow now I am back on work.

> From: Dani Adhipta <daniadhipta@dont-contact.us>
> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:53:40 +1000

> To Henrik, is it possible to submit it into the cvs so everyone can
have a
> look? (Of course with the author permission).

We are interested in adding this as a branch of Squid CVS. We would like
to work with you all to do that.

> In the mean time, anybody
> interested the patched squid-2.5.stable3 with dynamic delay pools (I
have
> applied all other necessary patches for 2.5.stable3 as well) can
access it
> at : http://users.123.net.au/daniadhipta/squid-2.5S3-ddp.tar.gz

If you feel interesting we have developed the dynamic delay pool with
some more advancement of the functionalities. It works with
squid-2.5.STABLE4. I will make them freely available on the Internet
soon and send you the links.

> On Monday 14 July 2003 08.49, zulkarnain wrote:
>
> The lates info that I got about dynamic delay pools is
> that the dynamic delay pools are working on class 3
> delay pools ONLY

Yes this is true for the moment, because of the development we did to
satisfy our internal requirements in the University. However extending
it to support other classes is not a big problem.

I am interested in proceeding this conversation and make wide use of
Dynamic Delay Pool concept.

Regards,
Sumith

------
Sumith Gamage,
M.Sc. (Research) Student,
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
Tel: +94 11 2650301 Ext: 3128 (Lab); +94 71 4319584 (Mob); +94 41
2272366 (Res)
Fax: +94 11 2650912 ATTN: Sumith
sumith@cse.mrt.ac.lk; banduwgs@yahoo.com
http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~sumith