RE: [squid-users] User management

From: Sumith Gamage <sumith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:41:21 +0600

# You can define users using source IPs (or usernames, if you use proxy
authentication)
acl A src 192.168.1.1

# You can use even IP ranges as your groups
acl B src 192.168.2.0/24
acl C src 192.168.3.0/24

# Additionally you need to define ACL based on the destinations too.
acl yahoo dstdomain .yahoo.com

# Assuming you need 2 level of bandwidth allocation
delay_pools 2

# Let's use delay class 1. But you can use what ever you need
delay_class 1 1
delay_class 2 1

# Permitting only required users on each delay pool
delay_access 1 allow A
delay_access 1 allow B
delay_access 1 deny All
# Allowing user group C to access only yahoo sites
delay_access 2 allow C yahoo
delay_access 2 deny All

# Let's say first group need 5 kbit/s ~= 640 Kbytes/s
delay_parameters 1 640/640
# Let's say second group need 10 kbit/s ~= 1280 Kbytes/s
delay_parameters 2 1280/1280
# The value pair for each pool has a specific meaning. From the pair
first
# value says amount of bytes to be added in each delay pool per second.
The
# second value says the maximum bucket level for each pool. If you want
you
# can set it to a considerably higher value. Then if the user group is
idle
# for a while they can get data up-to current level of bucket at once.

# Please note that I did not test above configurations :-)

http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/delaypool.htm is a good link to
get details about each delay parameter.

Regards,
Sumith