Re: [squid-users] [IE] response to CONNECT error message.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:18:12 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Kazuhiro Asakura wrote:

> I would like to be able to display custom error page for IE
> CONNECT access.
> But, IE have bug, IE can't display CONNECT responce message
> from Proxy only 1024byte.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;ja;839444
> (sorry, Japanese only. Is bug Japanese IE only!?)

All languages as far as I know, but I have not seen any MS KB entry
about the problem until now.

> So, I want to return HTTP status code 200 instead of 404(or 202?).
> # of course, this is irregular case...

You can't do that in response to a CONNECT request (2xx messages have a
very different meaning herre), and even if you could it's very unlikely to
make any difference in this bug as the bug seem to bee that MSIE is not
reading more of the HTTP response after a CONNECT request and is only
prepared to deal with the very short positive confirmation message "2xx
Connection Established" indicating the requested tunnel is up and
operational.