[squid-users] tcp_outgoing_addres problems

From: Luis Lourenço <Luis.Lourenco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:14:54 +0200

Hi

 I have a few squid servers running in my environment, they all are
installed with different Redhat versions. I configured squid with
tcp_outgoing_address option on my Fedora Core 1 server with
squid-2.5.STABLE3-0 installed, everything worked fine. I then implemented
the same configuration on the Redhat 9 server with squid-2.5.STABLE1-2
installed. This did not work, to solve the problem I upgraded squid to
squid-2.5.STABLE3-0.

The problem I now have is that I have a Redhat 8 and a Redhat 6.2 server
running with old versions of squid. When I try to upgrade these servers to
squid-2.5.STABLE3-0 with a rpm package, I get a lot of errors complaining
about the following failed dependencies.

        libcrypto.so.4
        libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2)
        libssl.so.4

What I would like to known is tcp_outgoing_address supported on older
version of squid (other then squid-2.5.STABLE3-0) and if not can I run
squid-2.5.STABLE3-0 on Redhat 6.2 and 8.

Regards,

Luis Lourenço
Networks
UCS Solutions (Pty) Ltd)