Re: [squid-users] Squid -> Homepage

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:44:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 16.03 14:23, Michael Pophal wrote:
>> As I know there is a possibility to define a homepage via proxy-pac.
>
> Where? I haven't found that anywhere.

One method is to use a trick similar to the redirector I tried to explain
earlier.

The PAC can redirect the first request to a predefined URL and keep track
of the session with a local javascript variable. Simply define a local
variable defaulting to false. On the first request (variable false) set
the variable to true and send the browser to your homepage server.

Some browsers also support configuration settings via PAC files. But this
is highly browser specific.

Many browsers also have support for central configuration files. See
administrator guide for your browser in question.