Re: [squid-users] Re: HTTP POST problem with httpd-accelerator

From: Steve Jasper <steve.jasper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:48:02 -0000

Hi,

Got it!!!

I was looking at the actual HTTP GET and POST packets on the LAN to the
webserver and found the following;

The HTTP GET Header had the "HOST:" field set to webserver IP address. Which
is why it worked from the reverse proxy.
The HTTP POST Header had the "HOST:" field set to the client hostname. Which
is why it didn't work from the reverse proxy (i.e. couldn't route)

The values in the config file states

httpd_accel_host virtual

httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

If I have to keep the last value "on", is there a way round using the
"HOST:" to determine where to forward the request to?

Regards,

Steve