Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 w/ LDAP

From: Jayesh Kamdar <jkamdar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:23:56 -0500

Martin and other on the list,

I am new to squid and ldap. I have it compiled with ldap but having
trouble making the query work. I found 2 binaries ....
 - /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_auth_ldap and
- /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth

And with both I have tried several different queries but none have
worked ..here are few examples of my queries

./squid_auth_ldap -S ldapsrv1 -s o=mitre.org -U uid=jkamdar
./squid_auth_ldap -S ldapsrv1.mitre.org -s o=mitre.org uid=jkamdar
./squid_auth_ldap -S ldapsrv1.mitre.org -p 389 -s o=mitre.org -U jkamdar

OR
./usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -h ldapsrv1 -b o=mitre.org uid=jkamdar
./usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -h ldapsrv1 -b o=mitre.org -f
uid=jkamdar -p 389

but none seems to work.

Any idea, which one I should use and what's the correct syntex? I have
looked at man page but the example doesn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Please let me know,
Jayesh