Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 w/ LDAP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:38:17 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Steven Adams wrote:

> What i actually want to do is depending on which group the user is depends
> how much access they get.
>
> Eg group "somesites" gets access to only some sites.. Group "allsites" gets
> access to all sites.

You need to start with first getting the authentication to work. Then from
there it is a relatively easy path to detail the access controls using
groups.

LDAP group based access controls is done using squid_ldap_group. Start by
reading the manual (man page). The most tricky part (apart from
copy-pasting data from the squid_ldap_auth parameters) is figuring out the
search filter for finding the proper group in your LDAP directory.

> I tried what you said below, how do u actually enter the username and
> password in because all i get back if i type
>
> <username>

Basic auth helpers expects the following input, as documented in
squid.conf:

username <space> password <enter>