Re: [squid-users] squid requests limitations

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:48:32 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Joost de Heer wrote:

> In the Squid book, for COSS throughput, rates of 330 reqs/sec are given.
> This was one of the reasons I chose for the proxy I manage to use COSS.
> Maximum rate I've seen in the time this proxy was functional (sadly, it
> was dismantled 2 days ago) was 270.

COSS will improve things, but generally isn't considered production
quality just yet. But I am very happy to hear that you have been able to
use it in production successfully without too much problems.

There is also other ongoing changes which sill significantly improve
things.

Or in other words, there is huge potentials for performance improvements
in Squid.