Re: [squid-users] bypassing a specific site

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:58:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, kavos gabor wrote:

> I have a squid running on my LAN IP 192.168.30.1 and i want this IP not
> be tunneled through squid. How do i bypass this site /IP or any site
> from squid. Its like opposite of denying a specific site.

This has to be done where the browser is directed to Squid. It can not be
done in Squid as when the request reaches Squid it is already too late to
bypass Squid.

Or in other words the browsers proxy settings by adding the site to the
browsers "No proxy for" entry in the proxy settings, or the acls of the
router doing interception if you are running a transparently intercepting
proxy.