[squid-users] Re: Squid excess data

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:32:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:

> excess data from webservers is a problem. I'd like, however, to have a more
> elaborate solution (however, I'm unable to do a patch, sorry).

Have you tried the patch which has already been made available to silence
most of the harmless cases of this warning?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE9-excess_data

> I had quite a few problems with bad webservers with the result that I
> couldn't view their content or have corrupted downloads!

Any meaningful examples?

The excess data message is just a warning, it doesn't make Squid behave
differently from before except in some rare corner cases where it stops
deliberate cache pollution (this condition is very unlikely to happen due
to accidental server bug).