Re: [squid-users] Replacement policy and log analyzer

From: Marco Crucianelli <m.crucianelli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:57:40 +0100

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 18:24 +0000, Pedro Timoteo wrote:
> Marco Crucianelli wrote:
>
> >I would like to use a different replacement policy from lru, like heap
> >GDSF or heap LFUDA, but, what shall I use in squid.conf? Nor "heap
> >LFUDA", nor "LFUDA" nor "heap_LFUDA" did work!! Which is the right
> >statement?!
> >

> It must be compiled in:
>
> --enable-removal-policies="lru heap"

Well, I've tried using --enable-removal-policies="lru heap" with
configure but it seems it doesn't work as I always got "unknown policy
heap" when squid starts! I've even used
--enable-removal-policies="heap" only, but no success at all. Reading
the output of configure I can read something like Policies built: lru
Why? It seems like it's not considering the option at all!!??
Any idea?

> >Moreover...based on your experience...which is the best squid log
> >analyzer?!?!
> >

> I like Calamaris (link on Squid's log analyzers page). But if you have a
> lot of users, maybe Sarg is a better choice.

Yes, Calamaris seems to be really interesting! Thanks!