Re: [squid-users] Yahoo Chat

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:00:42 -0600

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:45:08 -0700, Jim B <elemint@gmail.com> wrote:
> Viewing the squid logs I see some activity for chat.yahoo.com how can
> I determine what chat room is being accessed is there a file on the
> users hard drive that would clue me into that or would the squid logs
> have any mention of it?

What you see in the access.log is all that squid "knows" about the
Yahoo! chat sessions -- depending on your proxy and firewall settings,
it is possible that chat just doesn't work inside your network.

Yahoo! Chat and IM details are available here:
http://www.howtodothings.com/viewarticle.aspx?article=218

Yahoo! Instant Messenger primarily uses shttp.msg.yahoo.com for
private chat sessions.