Re: [squid-users] squid authentication details when using NTLM integrated authentication

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:03:58 +1030

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 08:50:58AM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Then they only support Squid-2.5.STABLE4 or earlier. See the release
> notes.

Heh... I did tell them I was running stable 7... oh well.

> The reason to this change is to make sure the redirector protocol does not
> break down should there be a login with a space in it's name. See the
> patch link below.

OK - so if I understand that patch description correctly that means all
non alphanumeric characters will be encoded to prevent confusion.

> This is not configurable, but you can back out the relevant change from
> the source if you like.

Actually, what I want them to do is fix their software :) You would not
believe how hard it has been to actually get to the point where they actually
have "identified" the problem I worked out and hacked around a long time
ago.

Thanks for the answers Henrik, I shall go back to the websense people and
let them know that this is the way of the squid authentication world now and
they need to start thinking about fixing their redirector.

--
Brett Lymn