Re: [squid-users] http partial caching

From: Vinod Patel <vinod@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:48:06 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matus UHLAR - fantomas" <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] http partial caching

> On 22.03 17:19, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:
> > How it goes about partial caching?. I mean, if you only fetch 5MB
> > from middle of uncached 100MB file by http range request, where this 5MB
goes?

> it will be stored unless your configuration (e.g. maximum_object_size)
> don't prevent it from caching. Note also quick_abort_* settings.

NO squid does NOT store partial objects at all, NOT even in squid-3.0.
And, there is no open development done on this side.

But i have developed a patch for squid-2.5-STABLE2 which does
following things:
--- Caches partial objects
--- Merges all partial objects into one (if whole object has arrived.)

But still it has lots of bugs and so cannot make it public, they will HIT me
:)