[squid-users] file descriptor

From: Alex <o_again2004@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:30:51 +0300

Dear all,

im still not able to change the file descriptor in my squid box,
i have found an article on the internet advising me to do the following :

vi /usr/include/bits/types.h
and then add the line
# define __FD_SETSIZE 8192

after that , i have saved the file, and put this command on the shell
ulimit -HSn 8192

then i have compiled the squid., anyway,, when i tail to the cache.log file
i still see the file descriptor as 1024 which means the modification i made
didnt take place.

can you please help me how to configure this option,,

Regards,
Alex