Re[2]: [squid-users] Downloads hangs at 50% on a transparent proxy, SQUID 3

From: Éliás Tamás <eliast@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:26:35 +0100

>> I'm using Squid 3 in a chroot environment, I always compile from
>> source. I have a Debian Sarge 2.6.11.5 with grsecurity and reiser4
>> patches. And expected a strange behaviour of squid, used as a very
>> simple transparent proxy, with almost no acls. Everything is ok,

HN> Everything is not OK with Squid-3 development version. At this time there
HN> is several known critical bugs, of which at least two causes data
HN> corruption.
ah..
I've always used Squid 3, never used Squid 2. I started using it when
the first PRE2 was out. I think it is much better than the SQUID 2
branch. I have no problems till I did a refresh last night. Can you
give me a tip, what to check in the config? Maybe I'm the wrong.
50% is very interrresting (for me, but not for the users)
HN> "download managers" generally screw up things worse than anything else
HN> seen in the world of HTTP. And this combined with using an unstable
HN> development version of Squid may give some unexpected results..
However, IE downloads the files. Only download manager fails. What log
you need to trace the problem?

--
Thomas Elias
Title: System administrator, Programmer