Re: [squid-users] Installing Squid from ports

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:01:16 +0100

* TbMA (ntb@inbox.ru):

> Greetings!
> FreeBSD 5.3.1
>
> I need to install Squid with support of ldap_auth. I couldn't do it
> from source code. If I'll install Squid from ports collection will he
> install all helpers or I'll need to install it with some special
> commands? Also I neen NCSA auth program.

The FreeBSD port installs the NCSA port by default (into
/usr/local/libexec/squid/).

To install the LDAP auth helper, just select this option in the
configuration dialogue (which will appear when you "make" the port for
the first time). If you want to reconfigure the port later, just run
"make config".