[squid-users] iptunnel gre problems

From: John Hally <JHally@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:01:57 -0500

Hello all,

Been trying to get transparent caching set up in Fedora Core 3 with a cisco
router and I thought I had it worked out. Now for some reason I'm having
the following problem. When I try to set up the gre tunnel between the
cache and the router using the following:

/sbin/iptunnel add gre1 mode gre remote "ip of router" local "ip squid
system" dev eth0

I get the following error:

ioctl: No such device

I could have sworn that I did this successfully before, and I've been over
the man page a dozen times figuring I just had the syntax wrong. Has anyone
else seen this issue?

Thanks in advance!