Re: [squid-users] delay_access and external_acl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:42:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Sergey Shepshelevich wrote:

> But do exists any other documentation about what acl types allowed with delay_access ?
> In another words which acls are fast ?

It's easier to see it the other way around: Any acl where Squid needs to
make a lookup of any kind to an external resource is slow, and can not
reliably be used in most access directives except for http_access.

> delay_access and external acl used together in our organization
> (Alex Grigoriev said that it worked).

It can be made to work with some restrictions by using http_access to make
the lookup, cached by the ttl and then available most of the time in
delay_access.

> Did older squid version allow use external acl together with delay_access ?

No.