RE: [squid-users] RE: I cannot reach the World Wide Web

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:47:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, YuLung wrote:

> Yes, that is how I set it. Should I remove apache? I am kind of testing
> this server to be a web/proxy server. I really shouldn't be asking this but
> where else should I point the browser to, if not the proxy? Why is traffic
> going to the web server anyway? Thanks.

Apache is not Squid. aWhy do you think Squid is at fault if you set your
browser to use Apache as the proxy? If you want to use Squid you should
set your browser to use Squid as the proxy.

Apache and Squid runs fine on the same server, but not on the same port.
There is no need to remove Apache, but you need to specify the correct
port number in your browser proxy settings to point to Squid, not Apache.

The default port where Squid listens for requests is port 3128, but can be
changed in squid.conf if you prefer some other port, just like how Apache
defaults to port 80 but can be changed in the Apache configuration files..