Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.5STABLE9 CPU usage problem

From: netcraft <netcraft@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:23:21 +0800

hi Henrik:

I've tried your suggestion, but the problem still exists. this squid use about
8Mbps bandwidth, some of the statistics:

when squid started for an hour:
client_http.requests = 26.563860/sec
server.all.requests = 14.208499/sec
select_loops = 268.088343/sec
select_fds = 240.931212/sec
cpu_time = 23.120000 seconds
wall_time = 300.031695 seconds
cpu_usage = 7.705853%

after running for one day:
client_http.requests = 42.807063/sec
server.all.requests = 33.702650/sec
select_loops = 236.957915/sec
select_fds = 365.309147/sec
cpu_time = 148.480000 seconds
wall_time = 300.184107 seconds
cpu_usage = 49.462978%

compare to a squid that only cache static html file(this squid has no
hyperthread and output about 15Mbps bandwidth):
client_http.requests = 202.408967/sec
server.all.requests = 44.233108/sec
select_loops = 783.316002/sec
select_fds = 825.322455/sec