Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0-PRE3 SSL reverse proxy

From: Andrew McKinney <andrew.mckinney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:43:48 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>> Any ideas, really stuck with this one? Unfortunately I have no
>> control over the asp application, and it does require Integrated
>> authentication.. Squid logs seem to be normal.
>

> Squid can not log in to an application requiring Microsoft Integrated
> authentication, nor can it proxy Microsoft Integrated authentication.
>
> There is a separate autehentication proxy which can act as a
> authentication gateway to servers requiring Microsoft Integrated
> authentication. See the related software section. This proxy can
> either login in with a fixed username+password pair, or act as a
> basic->NTLM gateway.

Hi Henrik, thanks for you input.

I have tried out APS. It works well, (when i use it as a standalone
proxy with a webbrowser). I get the desired effect of automagically
logging into the asp , instead of being presented with a form to log in.
I can see that it has option for "Parent Proxy", but how does this
translate with reverse proxies? How can I make squid use APS for rev
proxying this specific web app? Can this be done with APS and squid as a
rev proxy?

Thanks for your time,

Andrew