[squid-users] Peer selection/fault tolerance

From: Andriy Kopystyansky <anri@dont-contact.us>
Date: 3 Apr 2005 12:20:43 +0000

Hi,
I really need help with configuring my squids. I've tried to do this by
myself, searched across the web, this mailing-list, but unfortunately
didnt find the solution... (Maybe i should wear some glasses?)
Ok, here is the problem:
I have two 'parent' squids - cache1 on link1, and cache2 on link2.
I need to configure my third 'child' squid to forward requests for
domain .ua to cache1, all the rest - to cache2.
But, domain routing is not enough, - when either of links goes down -
all requests should be forwarded to the cache on alive link...
All my squids are 2.5.STABLE6.
I'd appreciate any suggestion (except using BGP :)

--
Andriy Kopystyansky