RE: [squid-users] Squid and Squidguard

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:12:00 +0200

> Thx for the info.
> What I was trying to explain, was :
> For example if we take xxxsite1.com and xxxsite2.com, when a
> user try to access these 2 sites, squidguard will return an
> error.php with a specific msg and for example a gif file.
> What I was wondering, was : will this gif be stored two times
> in the cache? (as an object of xxxsite1 and as one of xxxsite2)

 The squidguard redirector, 'only' returns a different
 url for a blocked site. Which is then fetched by squid, due
 to the nature of it's redirector interface and how it works.

 All of this 'next step' is completely independend of
 'xxxsite1.com' and 'xxxsite2.com'.
 So the question is kind of irrelevant.

 M.