[squid-users] Squid Load Balancer

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:25:03 -0400

I have Squid setup in accelerator mode and would like to also use it as
a load balancer for three web servers. It looks like work has been done
on this: http://devel.squid-cache.org/rproxy/backend.html#balance
Looks like it is only in Squid-3. Is there a 2.5 patch to add this?
From my research of the patches there is not. Anyone using this in
Squid-3? How is it working? Can it maintain sessions and detect down
backend server and remove them from the list of real servers so clients
aren't sent there?