[squid-users] Squid + https : Connection failed

From: Shafeek Sumser <io_freak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:55:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am having a problem since i have install squid after
my adsl connection. Here goes the problem:

The proxy function pretty well accept that i am having
problem to access https pages.

When i disable proxy on my Mozilla Browser, it just
works fine without any problem to access my gmail.com
but when I activates the proxy in my Mozilla Browser
and I connect to gmail.com, it gives me this message
error:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: www.google.com:443

The following error was encountered:

    * Connection Failed

The system returned:

    (110) Connection timed out

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the
request again.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I am using squid/2.5.STABLE9 with NCSA_AUTH module to
authenticate my users.

When I telnetting gmail.com gives the following:

debian-acer:/home/Free# telnet www.gmail.com 443
Trying 64.233.161.105...
Connected to www.gmail.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
exit
Connection closed by foreign host.

My network config is as follows:

Internet <--> ADSL <--> Proxy/Firewall <--> LAN

Note that on the proxy/Firewall, squid and iptables
are running.

Thanks for your helps and quick responds.

A+

Shafeek