[squid-users] Download decision by filesize?

From: Voelker Christian <cvoelker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:12:39 +0200

Yohoo!

We need to split our downloads to two IP-adresses.
Via address 1 should go the "normal" hhtp-requests. But if there are
filesizes from 50MB and up, we want to use the other IP-address.

Ehm, I'll try to explain it again ;)
Our organisation does a virusscan at the internetborder (via MS-ISA and
Viruswall). Our first IP-address is redirected (transparent Proxy) to
this scannerbox. Our second IP-address is free of this limitation.
Because there is some trouble with the Viruswall in downloading large
Files (eg. iso-images and so on), we can use the second IP to download
without virusscan.

There is the possibility to install a second squid and to switch the
browser in this case. Better would be, if one of the squid could decide
of this switch.

The browser should request a file. The first squid looks at the filsize.
If it is lower than 50MB, it will get the file from the Viruswall (the
normal way), if it ist greater it will get the file from the second
squid (without virusscan).

Did you understand, what I mean?

Is there anybody out here, who can tell me how to realise this problem
with squid? Is it possible?

THX in advance.