[squid-users] Cache store rebuild

From: Jon <jonsml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:45:26 -0400

Hi everyone,

My squid is configured as an http accelerator. I was just wondering about
the cache store rebuild when squid crashes and restarts. Is there a way to
set it so it doesn't rebuild it all at once but slowly or not at all?

I read about the -F option but I can't cut it off from serving any traffic.
Basically during the cache store rebuild it causes a lot of connection to my
backend server which I'm trying to eliminate. Is there any other
alternatives?

Thanks,

Jon