[squid-users] Cannot keep squid activated !!!

From: Pierre Pelletier <pierre.pelletier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:12:55 -0400

Hello,
When I activate squid, it returns this message error which I did not
find in the FAQ:

FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname. Please set
'visible_hostname'

Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE6): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.025 seconds = 0.014 user + 0.011 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
Abandon

Even looking at litterature about the so called fully qualified name, I
cannot figure out what to do. I don't have any domain name dot com
registred !!! Would I use the hostname given by my pc ?
I still cannot access the net with any browser with Fedora 3 and I
suspect strongly squid to be in cause. Any clue will be strongly
appreciated, thanks !

Pierre Pelletier