[squid-users] dansguardian sandwich with squid bread

From: Lee Stoltz <stoltzld@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:55:34 -0500

I have successfully configured squid (3.0-PRE3-20050324) so that traffic
can enter on port 3128, then be diverted to dansguardian (as a
cache_peer) on port 8080, and finally go through squid again on port
3129. The problem is that I cannot get it to work unless I setup up a
myport acl for port 3129 and configure it to always directly contact the
origin server. What I'm really hoping for though is that I can get it
set up so it can use a parent cache. That's what I haven't been having
any luck with. I have tried setting port 3129 not to use the
dansguardian cache (with cache_peer_access), but still allow it to use
the other parent. Any time I configure port 3129 to not always contact
servers directly, I either get a "connection refused" message, or the
browser sits there pretending to download the page for a few seconds and
then stops. I hope someone can shine some light on this problem, or at
least tell me where I might look in the code to try to figure this out.