[squid-users] Alternative DNS server

From: Ben Wylie <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:58:57 +0100

I am thinking of installing Squid as a caching http proxy. I have just
installed a DNS server (TreeWalk) which not only caches the DNS queries, but
apparently it makes sure that the servers it polls for DNS records are
authoritative, meaning that it is safer and less likely to be subject to DNS
poisoning (as I understand it).
This is all on Windows 2003 by the way.
I was going to install the Windows port from:
http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT.htm

Is there a way to make sure that my applications use TreeWalk as their DNS
server but Squid as the Caching proxy? Perhaps someway to get Squid to use
TreeDNS instead of it's own dns server?

Thanks for your help.

Ben