[squid-users] java applets proxy_auth problem

From: Xavier <x.poirier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:55:15 +0200

Hi squid users!

I have a squid 2.5 stable3 under linux using proxy_auth for clients
authentifications who works well.Here is the squid.conf syntax :

"""

auth_param basic program /squid/libexec/ncsa_auth /squid/etc/passwd
auth_param basic children 20
auth_param basic realm AUTHENTIFICATION PROXY
auth_param basic credentialsttl 30 minute

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

"""

I have a problem with a java applet who use a Java Method for basic proxy
authentification only (this is what I learn somewhere in google)
It doesn't work with my basic squid authentification.
Someone says I should add something like :

"""
acl java_jvm browser Java/1.4
http_access allow java_jvm
"""

But this will autorize all users to use java without auth !

I don't anderstand if this is a squid/auth/basic problem or a java/applet
problem.
Has someone had this problem before ?

Have a nice day!

--